China Study Tour - Costs
The approximate cost of the 2014 tour will be A$5000.
Included in the tour price is:
- Return airfares from Melbourne
- Return train from Beijing to Qufu
- Flights to Xi'an
- Campus accommodation at CUFE in Beijing
- Twin share accommodation in Qufu and Xi'an (including breakfast and wifi)
- Airport transfers
- All transport in country required as part of the program
- All academic activities including industry visits
- Selected group meals (as indicated in the itinerary)
- Tourist activities and tour
- Travel insurance for length of the program
Items not included in the price and that students should allow for are:
- unit tuition fees
- passport fees
- spending money
- meals not specified on the itinerary
Domestic students may be eligible to apply for an OS-Help Loan of up to $7500 to help fund their participating in the Chinese Commercial Law Study Tour. The purpose of OS-HELP is to assist students with a range of expenses, such as airfares and accommodation. Further information on eligibility for OS-Help can be found here.
Important to note:
- A minimum number of students is required for the program to run
- A $500 deposit upon acceptance into the tour - see full details about applying
- Fees for applying for a Chinese visa is included in the program cost however visa applications are the students responsibility. Rejection of a visa will not be sound reason for return of program fees or deposit
- Travel insurance is free during the length of the program, students travelling beyond the program dates may need to pay for additional coverage.
- Students MUST meet all deposit and payment deadlines or they may be excluded from the program. Pending applications for OS help are not a relevant reason for not making a payment deadline and so students must ensure they have funds to meet to relevant deadlines.