Regional Engagement Forum on Family Violence
28 November 2012
The Centre for Rural Regional Law and Justice and TAFE partners hosted a forum on 'Navigating the Justice System for Rural and Regional Survivors of Family Violence' on Wednesday 28 November 2012.
The forum was telecast to 12 locations across Victoria - Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool, Portland, Ballarat, Horsham, Bendigo, Swan Hill, Shepparton, Wangaratta, Bairnsdale and Morwell. Over 70 people attended this forum, representing an array of organisations associated with family violence.
A panel of guest speakers were invited to provide a brief presentation on the programs and services their organisation provide and insights into current issues and processes. Forum participants were also invited to ask questions and comment on their experience of issues faced in their community.
Guest speakers included:
- Leanne Sinclair - Family Violence Program Manager, Victoria Legal Aid
- Mereana White - Manager of the Family Magistrates Court Violence Initiative, Victorian Magistrates Court.
- Kerryn Hynan - Deputy Inspector, Victorian Police
- Marlene Ebejer - Principal Lawyer, Ebejer and Associates Lawyers
Feedback from Forum
'Fantastic to hear and see experts from the industry, without travelling to Melbourne. Love the technology!'
'I found all topics covered extremely interesting. Look forward to attending the next forum hosted by the Centre. Well done!'
Email CRRLJ to have your say.
For more information:
- flyer [113KB PDF]
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report - Key Findings (PDF 65KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report (PDF 4.28MB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - Court Data by LGA (PDF 794KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - Victoria Police Data by LGA (PDF 769KB)
- Victorian Family Violence Database Volume 5: Eleven Year Report Appendix - VEMD Data by LGA (PDF 114KB)