On-course Honours - 2002 Enrolments (or before) - (Program Two)
The On-course Honours Award (Program 2) is only available to students who commenced their LLB in 2002 or before.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to make an application to study MLL401 Legal Project as part of this Honours Program:
- Commenced study in 2002 or before
- Have successfully completed at least 16 LLB units
- Have attained an average of 65% or above in these LLB units.
Under this structure students may or may not choose to complete MLL401 Legal Project.
Contact Dr John Morss to find out how to make an application to study MLL401 Legal Project. Applications are due in early October.
Students are required to complete four credit points at Level 4 chosen from the following units:
MLL401 Legal Project (2 cp)
MLL405 Equity & Trusts (1 cp)
MLL406 Taxation (1 cp)
MLL408 Family Law (1 cp)
MLL409 Competition Law and Policy (1 cp)
MLL410 Intellectual Property (1 cp)
MLL495 Migration and Refugee Law (1 cp)
In order for students to meet the requirements for On-Course Honours (Program 3) they must have:
- Successfully completed all of the requirements of their Bachelor of Laws degree, including Professional Experience and PLS tasks.
- Successfully completed 4 credit points of LLB units at level 4, this may or may not include MLL401 Legal Project. These 4 credit points at level four are incorporated into the 24 credit points required for the LLB degree. It is not necessary to complete any additional units.
- Please note: Students only need to apply to the Dr John Morss if they wish to study MLL401.
- Maintained an average of 65% and above across all of their LLB units including MLL401 Legal Project, which is worth 2 credit points and is therefore counted twice when calculating the LLB average.
- Achieved an Honours mark of H1, H2A or H2B. Students can check the Final Honours Grade table. Check what year the student commenced and remember only final grades (across all LLB units) of 65% and above equate to Honours. This means that if the student successfully completed 4 level 4 LLB units (with or without MLL401 Legal Project) and had an overall LLB average of 64% they are NOT ELIGIBLE for Honours, only a pass degree.