Award for Innovation and Excellence in the Teaching of Law.
The School of Law is proud to announce that Patricia Perlen (Associate Lecturer, School of Law) won the 2012 LexisNexis-ALTA Awards Early Career Law Teacher Award for Innovation and Excellence in the Teaching of Law.
The Australasian Law Teachers Association (ALTA) is a professional body that represents the interests of law teachers in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands, to promote excellence in legal academic teaching and research with particular emphasis on early career academics, throughout Australasia, in the areas of:
- Legal research and scholarship
- Curriculum advancement of pedagogical improvements in view of national and international developments, including law reform
- Government policies and practices that relate to legal education and research
- Professional development opportunities for legal academics
- Professional legal education and practices programs.
The award was for Patricia's innovation and excellence in teaching and learning, demonstrated in her preparation then subsequent delivery of the first-year unit MLL110 Legal Principles & Skills, across four criteria:
- Development of curricula that reflect innovation and leadership
- Demonstrated teaching approaches that inspire learning
- Approaches to assessment and feedback that encourages independent learning and respect and support
- Scholarly work that enhances learning and teaching activities.
Well done Patricia!