Chair in Law (Research)
BA(Hons) LLB(Hons) MA LLM PhD Monash
Campus: Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: +61 3 924 46733
Link to Research Output
- Mendelson D, The New Law of Torts. 2nd edition, Oxford University Press 2010 ISBN: 9780195561906
- Mendelson D, Interfaces of Medicine and Law: The History of the Liability for Negligently Caused Psychiatric Injury (Nervous Shock), 1998 Aldershot, Hampshire, England: Ashgate/Dartmouth; Burlington, VT: Ashgate Pub. Co. (Dartmouth Medico-Legal Series); ISBN 1 85521 924 7.
- Mendelson D, Metaphor in Isaac Babel's Short Stories. 1982 Ann Arbor: University of Michigan, Ardis.
- Causation in Law and Medicine. Eds: Ian Freckelton & Danuta Mendelson, Aldershot, Hampshire, England: Ashgate/Dartmouth; Burlington, VT: Ashgate Pub. Co., (the International Library of Medicine, Ethics and Law Series), 2002 ISBN 0 7546 2204 5
- Mendelson D, 'Punitive Damages Sensu Stricto in Australia' in The Power of Punitive Damages - Is Europe Missing Out? E Nordin & L Meurkens (Eds), (2012) Cambridge UK: Intersentia (Ius Commune Europaeum), Intersentia Ltd 145-160
- Mendelson D & Bagaric M, 'Family Law Dispute Resolution in Australia: The Need to Further Expand Mediation and Attenuate the Court Determination Process' in E Urso (Ed), "Le Ragioni Degli Altri" - Mediazione E Famiglia Tra Conflitto E Dialogo - Una prospettiva comparatistica ed interdisciplinare ("The Reasons of the Others" - Mediation and Family Between Conflict and Dialogue) Florence University Press (2012) Turin, Italy: Giappichelli (being translated into Italian). ISBN 978-88-6655-323-6; 978-88-6655-324-3 (online)
- Mendelson D, "Torts" in Appealing to the Future: Michael Kirby His Legacy (a festschrift in honour of the Hon Mr Justice Michael Donald Kirby) I Freckelton & H Selby (Eds), (2009) Sydney: Thomson/Reuter Lawbook Co, 817-841.
- Mendelson D, "Historical Evolution and Modern Implications of the Concepts of Consent to, and Refusal of, Medical Treatment in the Context of the Law of Trespass." (1996) in Medical Law and Ethics S McLean (Ed); The International Library of Essays in Law and Legal Theory (Second Series) 2002 Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing 111-183. "Editors have selected not only the most influential essays but also those, which they consider to be of greatest continuing importance."
- Mendelson D, 'The Duchess of Kingston's Case, the Ruling of Lord Mansfield and Duty of Medical Confidentiality in Court' (2012) 35 (5) International Journal of Law and Psychiatry 480-489.
- Mendelson D, 'Decriminalisation of abortion performed by qualified health practitioners under the Abortion Law Reform Act 2008 (Vic)' (2012) 19 Journal of Law & Medicine 651-666.
- Constitutional Law
- Medical Law
- Legal History
- Comparative Law