The School of Management and Marketing has designed the following research modules for students in honours and higher degrees by research. They are in response to various calls for on-line teaching materials for students who seek guidance in their studies. The purpose of the modules is to guide students in the fundamentals of research within a business school. While students are not expected to have experience in research methods, they are expected to have a certain level of academic skill in writing, analysing data, understanding information sources and how to use them, as well as knowledge of themes and issues within their field of interest.
You will need the Acrobat Reader to view these files. It is available for free from Adobe.
Searching the literature
Dealing with conceptual issues
- Data gathering - part 1 [154KB PDF]
- Data gathering - part 2 [124KB PDF]
- Interviewing [144KB PDF]
- Questionnaire design [153KB PDF]
- Introduction to statistics [177KB PDF]
- Data preparation [134KB PDF]
- Techniques and tools for data analysis [188KB PDF]