BA, MSc, PhD Manitoba
Campus: Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: +61 3 924 46697
Link to research output
Doren Chadee is Professor of Management and Chair of the Management discipline. Prior to joining Deakin University, Professor Chadee was at University of Southern Queensland (2007-2010), the University of Auckland (1992-2007) and Massey University (1989-1992). Dr. Chadee has also held several visiting appointments, including at the University of Hong Kong, North Carolina State University and York University. Professor Chadee has teaching and research interests in the areas of international business and international management with a particular focus on Asian and emerging economies, the services and agribusiness sectors. He has published widely in international peer reviewed journals in all these areas. He has consulted for various public organisations, including Agriculture Canada, Ministry of Agriculture (New Zealand), Asian Development Bank (Manila), and a number of multinational businesses such as Fonterra, the Australian Meat and livestock Corporation, Japanese Livestock Promotion Corporation, Watties (NZ) and Fletcher Challenge (NZ). He is an active member of the Academy of International Business, the Australia New Zealand International Business Association, the Australia New Zealand Academy of Management and serves on the editorial board of two international journals.
- International business
- International management
- Emerging economics and markets
- International management
- International business environment
- International strategy
- Asian business
- Academy of International Business
- Australian and New Zealand International Business Academy
- Australian and New Zealand Management Academy
- Roxas, B. and Chadee, D. (2012) Sub-national formal institutions, innovativeness and performance of Philippine
SMEs. Journal of Asia Business Studies, in press.
- Kong E, Chadee D and R Raman. (2012) Social intelligence and top management team: An exploratory study of
external knowledge acquisition for strategic change in global IT service providers in India. International Journal of Learning and Change. in press
- Roxas, B., and Chadee, D. (2012) Sustainability orientation and financial resources of manufacturing SMEs. Social Responsibility Journal, in press.
- Roxas, B and Chadee, D. (2012) Effects of Informal Institutions on the Performance of Micro-enterprises in the
Philippines: The Mediating Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation. Journal of Asia-Pacific Business Volume 13 Issue 4, in press
- Chadee, D and R. Raman (2012) External knowledge and performance of offshore IT service providers in India:
The mediating role of talent management. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resource Management, in press.
- Chadee, D., Raman, R. & Michailova, S. (2011) Sources of competitiveness of offshore IT service providers in
India: Towards a conceptual model. Competition & Change, Vol. 15 (3), 196-220.
- Holzweber, M., Chadee, D., Mattson, J. Raman R. (2011) How dynamic capabilities drive performance in the
Indian IT industry: The role of information and co-ordination, The Service Industries Journal, Vol. 32 (4) : pp.1-20.
- Raman, R. and Chadee, D.(2011) A comparison of the information technology services sector in India and
China. Journal of Contemporary Asia, Vol. 41(3), 453-470.
- Roxas, B., and Chadee, D. (2011) A resource-based view of small export firms’ social capital in a developing
Southeast Asian country. Asian Academy of Management Journal, 16(2), pp. 1-28.
- Chadee D, Wiesner R and B Roxas. (2011) Environmental sustainability change management in SMEs:
Learning from sustainability champions. International Journal of Learning and Change, Vol. 5, No. 3/4, pp.194-207.
- Holzweber, M., Chadee, D., Raman R., Mattsson, J. (2011) Innovation strategy in the Indian IT service industry:
User centered issues on innovation. Chapter 7, in Sundbo, J., Toivonen, M. (Eds) Service Innovation Theory, Edward Elgar Publishing (UK).
- Raman, R & Chadee, D. (2011). Global Orientation, Human Resource Orientation and Firm Performance” Paper presented at the 2nd Annual meeting of the Indian Academy of Management (IAM)conference, IIM Bangalore,18-20 December (winner of Best Paper Award)