Student Mentor Program - Geelong
Become a mentor
Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor.
The Faculty of Business and Law is looking for students like you to join the team!
Business and Law Student Mentors assist the transition into university for new students throughout the first 6 weeks of trimester. This includes having weekly meetings with 'mentees' to discuss any issues that they are having and to give advice from a student's perspective.
The program also runs a number of social events that give new students the opportunity to network amongst each other and make new friends. These include 'parmi nights' at a local pub, fundraisers and barbeques.
This program might be for you if you:
- Have a passion for assisting new students transition into university life
- Enjoy sharing your experiences with other students
- Can work as part of a team
- Have an interest in furthering your leadership, communication, organisation and time management skills
The benefits to you:
- Certificate upon competition
- Invitation to participate in the leadership workshop (in conjunction with Jobshop)
- The opportunity to network with other students
- Great value adding to your degree and CV