Centre for Economics and Financial Econometrics Research
Centre for Economic and Policy Analysis
Centre for Financial Econometrics
Econometric Society Australasian Meeting 2012 held at Deakin.
Left to right: Associate Professor Mehmet Ulubasoglu, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Lee Astheimer, Vice-Chancellor Jane den Hollander, Nobel Laureate Dale Mortensen, former Pro Vice-Chancellor (Business and Law) Gael McDonald, Jean-Charles Rochet, President of the Econometric Society.
The Centre for Economics and Financial Econometrics Research (CEFER) is a Deakin University Strategic Research Centre (SRC) based in the Faculty of Business and Law. CEFER was established on 1 January 2014, to:
- recognise, focus, develop and promote research activities in our key strength areas; and
- serve as a mechanism for attracting and retaining high performing researchers and research teams in areas of strategic importance.
CEFER was formed by the merger of two high-profile Faculty Research Centres, namely the Centre for Economic and Policy Analysis and the Centre for Financial Econometrics.
Conferences, workshops and other events
Trade and Development Workshop
27 November 2014, Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus.
The Centre for Economics and Financial Econometrics Research sponsored the Econometric Society Australasian Meetings and the Australian Conference of Economists in Hobart, Tasmania, July 1 - 4, 2014.
Forecasting and time series workshop [230KB PDF]
6 June 2014, Dean's Meeting Room, (LB3.323) Melbourne Burwood Campus
Recent Developments in Financial Econometrics and Applications
Special Issue Conference of the Journal of Banking and Finance 4-5 December 2014.
33rd Australasian Economic Theory Workshop, February 2015
- Michael Porter; Funding Agency: National Centre of Excellence in Desalination, $250,000
- Nejat Anbarci; Funding Agency: ARC Discovery Project, 2014-16; amount: $230,000
- Mehmet Ulubasoglu, Prasad Bhattacharya; Funding Agency: the Bushfire and Natural Hazards Research Centre, $250,000
Nobel Laureate Professor Joseph Stiglitz shared his insights on the GFC with Deakin students and staff in a public lecture held at Deakin's Melbourne City Centre.