Applications for Trimester 1 2015 course transfers close 3 November 2014.*
If you wish to transfer your enrolment to another course or another campus, you will need to apply for a course transfer. These are available on a restricted basis. They depend on the existence of unfilled places in the course or at the campus of your choice after students have completed their re-enrolment for the new academic year. Course transfer applicants must meet normal selection criteria and standards for the course to be undertaken. Refer to the online handbook to check that you will satisfy required course rules for the course you want to transfer to.
Selection criteria will be based primarily on academic merit.
You must submit your Application for Course Transfer (PDF, 124.9 KB) form to the Faculty of Business and Law at your home campus.
- Please consult a student adviser to register your interest in a course transfer and before making changes to your enrolment
- Please refer to the Faculty of Business and Law Instruction: Selection via Course Transfer to Faculty courses (including combined courses and intercampus transfer) (PDF, 465.2 KB) .
- Course transfer information in the Student Gateway
*For selected courses only which have a trimester 3 intake.
Campus-based, international postgraduate students
Because of the potential visa implications campus-based, international postgraduate students must complete some extra steps:
- Access the Courses website to check the admission requirements and structure of the course you wish to transfer to.
- Complete the following forms:
- Submit them to the Postgraduate Student Centre in Building LB, by the closing date. See above.
- If there is any issue with your application at this stage you will be contacted by a Student Adviser via your Deakin email account. If your transfer is approved by the Faculty, you will receive an email confirming this.
- Following the Faculty approval, Deakin International will send an Offer Acceptance Form to your Deakin email address.
PLEASE NOTE: you must complete the Offer Acceptance Form and return it to the specified email address at this stage or the transfer will not progress.
- When you have completed the Offer Acceptance Form and submitted it to Deakin International, you will receive a Letter of Offer and a new Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (E.C.O.E.) via your Deakin email address.
- Your course transfer will become effective on Student Connect after the release of results.