Course Transfer

Applications for Trimester 1 2016 course transfers close on 30 November 2015.

If you wish to transfer your enrolment to another course or another campus, you will need to apply for a course transfer. These are available on a restricted basis. They depend on the existence of unfilled places in the course or at the campus of your choice after students have completed their re-enrolment for the new academic year. Course transfer applicants must meet normal selection criteria and standards for the course to be undertaken. Refer to the online handbook to check that you will satisfy required course rules for the course you want to transfer to.

Selection criteria will be based primarily on academic merit.

You must submit your Application for Course Transfer (PDF, 124.9 KB) form to the Faculty of Business and Law at your home campus.

More information

Campus-based, international postgraduate students

Because of the potential visa implications campus-based, international postgraduate students must complete some extra steps:

  1. Access the Courses website to check the admission requirements and structure of the course you wish to transfer to.
  2. Complete the following forms:
  3. Submit these forms to the Faculties Student Services Office by the closing date. 
  4. If there is any issue with your application at this stage you will be contacted by a Student Adviser via your Deakin email account. If your transfer is approved by the Faculty, you will receive an email confirming this.
  5. Following the Faculty approval, Deakin International will send an Offer Acceptance Form to your Deakin email address.
    PLEASE NOTE: you must complete the Offer Acceptance Form and return it to the specified email address at this stage or the transfer will not progress.
  6. When you have completed the Offer Acceptance Form and submitted it to Deakin International, you will receive a Letter of Offer and a new Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (E.C.O.E.) via your Deakin email address.
  7. Your course transfer will become effective on Student Connect after the release of results.
Page custodian: Faculty of Business & Law
Last updated: