Prof Rod McColl
|Position:||Head of School|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92445509 +61 3 92445509|
Member of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Editorial Board Member - International Journal of Advertising
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of Marketing Communications
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of Financial Services Marketing
- Marketing Principles
- Marketing Strategy
- Services Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research and Research Methods
Conferences and seminars
- McColl, R and Mattsson, J (2013), Thanks for the memories. Towards a model of service experience memories, Academy of Marketing Science, Monterey, DA. May 15-18.
- McColl, R and Kitchen P J (2013), Exploring the use of humour in French television advertising and attitudes of practitioners towards its use, 18th International Conference on Corporate and Marketing Communication, Salerno, Italy, April 11-12.
- McColl, R and Truong, Y (2012), How facial attractiveness impacts web-video experiences, ANZMAC Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy, Adelaide, December 3-5.
- McColl, R and Mattsson, J (2012), Understanding service memories, AMA SERVSIG, International Service Research Conference, Helsinki, June 7-9.
- McColl, R, Mattsson J and MacGilchrist, R (2012), The role of emotions and time on service experience memories, 19th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Services Science, Vienne, July 9-12.
Awards and prizes
- Doctoral thesis awarded university research prize for outstanding thesis (RMIT University, Melbourne)
- Winner of Award for Outstanding Paper at the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence, 2011. Truong, Y, McColl, R and Kitchen, P J (2010), 'Uncovering the relationship between aspirations and luxury brand preference', Journal of Product and Brand Management, vol. 19 (5), pp. 346-355.
- Kitchen, P, Schultz, D, Kerr, G and McColl, R, (2014), 'The Elaboration Likelihood Model: Review, Critique and Research Agenda,' European Journal of Marketing, (in press).
- Puncheva-Michelotti, P, McColl, R, Vocino, A and Michelotti, M, (2014), 'Corporate patriotism as a source of corporate reputation: A comparitive multi-stakeholder approach,' Journal of Strategic Marketing, (in press).
- McColl, R and Truong, Y (2013), 'The effects of facial attractiveness and gender on customer evaluations during web-video interface sales encounters', Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, vol. 33:1, pp. 117-128.
- McColl, R., (2013), 'We Promise! Customer charters expand guarantees,' Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 34:6, pp. 11-18.
- Truong, Y and McColl, R (2011), 'Intrinsic motivations, self-esteem and luxury goods consumption', Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol 18, pp. 555-561.
- McColl, R and Mattsson, J (2011), 'Common mistakes in designing and implementing service guarantees', Journal of Services Marketing, vol. 25:6, pp. 451-461.
- Truong, Y, McColl, R and Kitchen, P J (2010), 'Practitioner perceptions of advertising strategies for digital media', International Journal of Advertising, vol. 29, No, 5, pp. 709-725.
- Truong, Y, McColl, R and Kitchen, P J (2010), 'Uncovering the relationship between aspirations and luxury brand preference', Journal of Product and Brand Management, vol. 19 (5), pp. 346-355.
Prof Rod McColl
Work+61 3 92445509
Page custodian: External Relations Group Last updated: