Dr Shona Leitch
|Position:||Senior Lecturer |
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446532 +61 3 92446532|
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology/Computing), 1997
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, 2005
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2008
2010 - present
Doctor of Philosophy Student - Mr Vindaya Seedenhara
Research Topic: The use of social media for crisis communication in Australian banks
2009 - present
Master of Commerce Student – Mr Luke Warburton
Institute of Koorie Education, Deakin University
Research Topic: Data security and privacy in Indigenous Organisations
Awards and prizes
2011 Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) Teaching Commendation
2010 Vice Chancellor Teaching Excellence Award
2009 Deputy Vice Chancellor Teaching Award
2005 - 2010 School of Information Systems Teaching Awards
2012 - Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT), Realising the potential: Assessing professional learning through the integration of ePortfolios in Australian business education. AUD 206,000 (with Professor Kim Watty (Project Leader) Deakin University, Assoc Prof Dale Holt, Dr Leanne Ngo and partners Macquarie University and the University of Southern Queensland)
2009 - Faculty of Business and Law – Small Grants in Teaching and Learning ($4,369): Investigation into the use of social networking software to engage and enhance the teaching and learning experience.
2008 - Faculty of Business and Law – Small Grants in Teaching and Learning ($8,031):: Student learner’ requirements in online teaching and learning systems
- Leitch, S. (2011). The Use of Social Networking technologies within a tertiary education environment. Education in a technological world: communicating current and emerging research and technological efforts. Formatex. Edited by A. Mendez- Vilas.
- Leitch, S. and Warren, M. (2011). The ethics of security of personal information upon Facebook. ICT Ethics and Security in the 21st Century: New Developments and Applications, IGI Global, Edited by Dr. Marian Quigley.
- Warren, M. and Leitch, S. (2011). Protection of Australia in the Cyber Age. International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism, pp. 35-40.
- Warren, M. Leitch, S. (2010) ‘Commercial Critical Systems and Critical Infrastructure Protection: A Future Research Agenda’, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalization (IJLEG). Interscience.
- Warren, M. and Leitch, S. (2009) Hacker taggers : a new type of hackers, Information systems frontiers, pp. 1-7, Springer Netherlands, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Warren, M. Leitch, S. (2008) ‘The business impact of security surveys’, Deakin Business Review, Australia.
- Leitch, S. and Warren, M.J. (2008) 'Analysing Online Teaching and Learning Systems Using MEAD', Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects, vol. 4, pp. 259-267.
- Leitch S and Warren M.J (2003) Designing Systems for E-Commerce, Australian Journal of Information Systems, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Leitch S and Warren M.J (2003) A Quality Indicator of Australian E-Business, The E-Business Review, Vol III, International Academy of E-Business, USA.