Mr Andrew McClelland
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
- Bachelor of Psychology, Flinders University, 2004
- HPY703 Coaching and Counselling Individuals
- HPY704 Coaching and Counselling Groups.
Teaching various postgraduate units.
Conferences and seminars
2008: Heart and Mind Psychogenic Heart Disease Conference, Prato, Italy:
- 'Repeated rumination on a stressor generates cumulative heart rate reactivity'
- 'Psychological and cardiovascular effects of assertive and passive responding to provocation combined with rumination or distraction'
2007: 19th World Congress of Psychosomatic Medicine. 'Psychological and cardiovascular effects of repeated rumination and distraction from rumination.'
Awards and prizes
2007. Best poster prize: 19th International Congress of Psychosomatic Medicine;
2004-2007 APA Scholarship and Flinders University Research Scholarship;
Chancellor's Letter of Commendation (1st class Honors), Flinders University;
Andrew currently focuses on a number of areas of research:
- The influence of self-administered visuospatial suppression tools on food and cigarette cravings;
- Ostracism and rumination;
- Responses (assertiveness, aggression, passivity, angry rumination, resentment) to interpersonal stressors and the effect on emotions, cognitions and the cardiovascular system.
- Coaching, counselling, and personal growth domains.
He also has considerable interest in, and expertise with, writing and facilitating group interventions in areas such as depression, anxiety, social support, and chronic headaches.