Dr Alexey Glushenkov
|Position:||Senior Research Fellow|
|Faculty or Division:||GTP Research|
|Department:||Institute for Frontier Materials|
|Campus:||Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 52272931 +61 3 52272931|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Australian National University, 2008
2015 - present: Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University, Australia
2014 - present: Technology Fellow, Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication, Australia
Nov 2014 - May 2015: Visiting Research Professor, Drexel University, Philadelphia, the United States
2009 - 2014: Research Fellow, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University, Australia
2008 - 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Research School of Physics and Engineering, the Australian National University, Australia
Nanomaterials, nanotechnology, transmission electron microscopy, electrochemical supercapacitors, sodium-ion batteries
Awards and prizes
2015-2016 Research Visits to Japan Fellowship, Australian Academy of Science
2014 Vice-Chancellor's Award for Research Excellence (Early Career Researcher)
2014 Australia Awards Endeavour Research Fellowship
2014 Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication Technology Fellowship
2013 France - Australia Science Innovation Collaboration ECR Fellowship, Australian Academy of Science
2012 Best Poster Award, IUMRS-ICYRAM 2012 Conference, Singapore
Research interests include preparation and characterization of nanomaterials, scanning and transmission electron microscopy, studying properties and applications of nanomaterials and nanostructured electrodes. Dr Glushenkov has broad experience in the synthesis and analysis of nanostructures and nanocomposites involving carbon, antimony, phosphorus, oxides of zinc, titanium, tin and vanadium as well as nitrides of vanadium molybdenum, tungsten and boron. Dr Glushenkov is also interested in applying transmission electron microscopy, energy-filtered TEM and electron energy loss spectroscopy to studying battery materials.He is currently interested in applications of nanomaterials in energy storage devices - electrochemical supercapacitors and sodium-ion batteries.
Australian Research Council
1. ARC Discovery grant DP130102311 (2013-2015), Y. Chen, A. Glushenkov, Y. Gogotsi, $330,000.
2. ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities grant LE140100085 (2014), A.P. Neild, M. Majumder, T. Alan, J.M. Redoute, W. Cheng, S.R. Gray, M. Duke, T.H. Lai, A. Kouzani, A. Glushenkov, L. Kong, X.J. Dai, $300,000.
3. ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities grant LE100100195 (2010), Y. Chen, M. Barnett, P. Hodgson, X. Wang, T. Tsuzuki, C. Wen, A. Glushenkov, L. Kong, C. Sorrell, Y. Zhang, V. Chen, D. Phelan, K. Walder, G. Peleckis, S. Moulton, J. Beynon, X. Wang, D. Cahill, P. Cizek, N. Barnett, N. Stanford, Q. Guo, R. O’Donnell, $1,000,000.
Deakin University internal
1. Internal grant of Institute for Frontier Materials (Deakin University) 2013, A. Glushenkov, L. O’Dell, Md M. Rahman, T. Tao, D. Gunzelmann, K. Romanenko, $20,000.
2. Deakin University Central Research Grant Scheme 2013, A. Glushenkov, M.M. Rahman, $22,000
3. Deakin University Central Research Grant Scheme 2012, A. Glushenkov, $18,000
4. Deakin University Research Equipment Support Scheme 2011, X.G. Wang, X.J. Dai, T. Tsuzuki, P. Hodgson, A. Kouzani, Y. Chen, B. Fox, P. Francis, M. Forsyth, C. Hurren, A. Kaynak, A. Glushenkov, L.H. Li, A. Kafi, E. Nuhiji, L. Sun, M. She, L. Kong, $110,000.
5. Deakin University Research Equipment Support Scheme 2011, B. Fox, X.G. Wang, A. Kafi, M. Forsyth, R. Horn, X.J. Dai, L. Henderson, T. Tsuzuki, X. Liu, R. Rajkhowa, K. Magniez, A. Glushenkov, $90,000.
6. Deakin University Central Research Grant Scheme 2010, A. Glushenkov, $10,000.
7. Deakin University Research Equipment Support Scheme 2010, T. Tsuzuki, Q. Guo, L. Kong, A. Kouzani, T. Lin. M.F. She, J. Dai, T. Anderson, P. Francis, A. Glushenkov, Y. Zhao, F. Ochanda, J. Fang, (2010), $118,000.
8. Deakin International Development grant 2014, Y. Chen, M. Forsyth, A. Glushenkov, P. Howlett, $12,000.
* Nanotechnology and Energy Storage group (at Deakin University)
* Electron Microscope Facility ( at Deakin University)
* Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication
A. M. Glushenkov, D. Hulicova-Jurcakova, D. Llewellyn, G.Q. Lu, Y. Chen, “Structure and capacitive properties of porous nanocrystalline VN produced by NH3 reduction of V2O5”, Chemistry of Materials 22 (2010) 914-921.
T. Tao, A.M. Glushenkov, C.F. Zhang, H.Z. Zhang, D. Zhou, Z.P. Guo, H.K. Liu, Q. Chen, H.P. Hu, Y. Chen, MoO3 nanoparticles dispersed uniformly in carbon matrix: a high capacity composite anode for Li-ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry 21 (2011) 9350-9355.
O. Kartachova, A.M. Glushenkov, Y.H. Chen, H.Z. Zhang, X.J. Dai, Y. Chen, “Electrochemical capacitance of mesoporous tungsten oxynitride in aqueous electrolytes”, Journal of Power Sources 220 (2012) 298-305.
T. Tao, Y. Chen, D. Zhou, H.Z. Zhang, S.L. Liu, R. Amal, N. Sharma, A.M. Glushenkov, “Expanding the applications of the ilmenite mineral to the preparation of nanostructures: TiO2 nanorods and their photocatalytic properties in the degradation of oxalic acid”, Chemistry – a European Journal 19 (2013) 1091-1096.
O. Kartachova, A.M. Glushenkov, Y.H. Chen, H.Z. Zhang, Y. Chen, “Bimetallic molybdenum tungsten oxynitride: structure and electrochemical properties”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 1 (2013) 7889-7895.
T. Ramireddy, M.M Rahman, T. Xing, Y. Chen, A.M. Glushenkov, “Stable anode performance of an Sb-carbon nanocomposite in lithium-ion batteries and the effect of the ball milling mode in the course of its preparation”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2 (2014) 4282-4291.
O. Kartachova, Y. Chen, R. Jones, Y.H. Chen, H.Z. Zhang, A.M. Glushenkov, “Evolution of the electrochemical capacitance of transition metal oxynitrides with time: the effect of ageing and passivation”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2 (2014) 12940-12951.
T. Ramireddy, T. Xing, M.M. Rahman, Y. Chen, Q. Dutercq, D. Gunzelmann, A. M. Glushenkov, “Phosphorus-carbon nanocomposite anodes for lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 3 (2015) 5572.