Dr Lei Wei
|Position:||Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Haptics|
|Faculty or Division:||Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)|
|Department:||Centre for Intelligent Systems Research|
|Campus:||Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 52272351 +61 3 52272351|
Dr Lei Wei has six years of research experience in the field of haptic rendering, interaction and collaboration. He is also interested in collision detection, human-computer interaction, function-based and physics-based modelling as well as web visualisation.
Dr Lei Wei received his B.Eng. in Computer Science from Tianjin University (Pei Yang University) in 2006. From 2006 to 2010 he was a Ph.D student in School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He started working as a Research Associate in NTU in August 2010 and he received his PhD in July 2011. He is currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow of the Centre for Intelligent Systems Research (CISR) at Deakin University in Australia.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Nanyang Technical University, 2011
- Bachelor of Engineering, Tianjin University, 2011
- Medical haptic simulation (Optometry, Needle thoracostomy, Rehabilitation)
- Industrial haptic simulation (Firearm shooting training, Robotics-assisted stage performance)
- Physics-based visuo-haptic rendering and interaction
- Networked and collaborative visuo-haptic interaction
- Function-based 3D geometry rendering and visualization
- 3D modelling, metamorphosis and deformation
- Motion capture, analysis and gesture recognition with haptics
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Hailing Zhou, Jianmin Zheng, Lei Wei, “Texture Aware Image Segmentation Using Graph Cuts and Active Contours”, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier, 46(6). pp. 1719-1733, 2013. (A*, IF 2.292 in 2012, 5 years IF 3.172 )
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Olga Sourina, “Function-based Visualization and Haptic Rendering in Shared Virtual Spaces”, The Visual Computer, Springer, 24(10). pp. 871-880, 2008. (IF 1.061 in 2008)
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, “Function-based Approach to Mixed Haptic Effects Rendering”, The Visual Computer, Springer, 27(4). pp. 321-332, 2011. (IF 0.576 in 2011)
- Alexei Sourin, Lei Wei, “Visual Immersive Haptic Mathematics”, Virtual Reality, Springer, pp. 221-234, 2009. (IF 0.289 in 2011)
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Zoran Najdovski, Saeid Nahavandi, “Function-based Single and Dual Point Haptic Interaction in Cyberworlds”, Transactions on Computational Science XVI, LNCS7380, Springer, pp. 1-16, 2012.
- Alexei Sourin, Olga Sourina, Lei Wei, Paul Gagnon, “Visual Immersive Haptic Mathematics in Shared Virtual Spaces”, Transactions on Computational Science III, LNCS5300, Springer, pp. 1-19, 2009.
- Lei Wei, Hailing Zhou, Aung K. Soe, Saeid Nahavandi, “Integrating Kinect and Haptics for interactive STEM Education in local and distributed environments”, in Proceedings of IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics 2013, Australia, 9-12, July 2013.
- Mohammed Hossny, Despina. Filippidis, Wael Abdelrahman, Hailing Zhou, Mick Fielding, James Mullins, Lei Wei, Douglas Creighton, Vinod. Puri and Saeid Nahavandi, “Low Cost Multimodal Facial Recognition via Kinect Sensors”, in Land Warfare Conference 2012, Melbourne, Australia, 2013. (Best paper award)
- Lei Wei, Zoran Najdovski, Wael Abdelrahman, Saeid Nahavandi, Harrison Weisinger, “Augmented Optometry Training Simulator with Multi-point haptics”, in Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC 2012), Seoul, South Korea, 14-17 October, 2012.
- Wael Abdelrahman, Lei Wei, James Mullins, Saeid Nahavandi, “Wireless Haptic Rendering for Mobile Platforms”, in Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC 2012) , Seoul, South Korea, 14-17 October, 2012.