To access your official course details for the year you started your degree, please visit the handbook
Campuses by intake
Campus availability varies per trimester. This means that a course offered in Trimester 1 may not be offered in the same location for Trimester 2 or 3. Read more to learn where this course will be offered throughout the year.
Try this course for free
Interested in a free taster of this course?
A two-week block of this course is available free on FutureLearn, an easy-to-use online learning platform. Try it out and discover just how flexible and rewarding online learning with Deakin can be. You’ve got nothing to lose!
Choose from two free course trials on FutureLearn:
Ask a question about studying a at Deakin*
Are you currently studying at Deakin, or an international student? Enquire now.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk *
* We aim to respond to all enquiries within three business days.
What is FEE-HELP?
FEE-HELP loans cover up to 100% of tuition fees for eligible students. By taking out a FEE-HELP loan, the government pays your tuition fees directly to Deakin, and the balance is repaid from your employment income - but only once you're earning over $51,956.
Please note: fees shown by the calculator are indicative only and based on 2019 rates. Actual fees may vary. We advise confirming fees with Prospective Student Enquiries prior to enrolment.
Estimate your FEE-HELP repayments
after FEE-HELP and tax
Your estimated FEE-HELP repayments
- $* is the 2019 estimated tuition fee for a Graduate Diploma of Cyber Security (8 credit points) at Deakin
- is the annual FEE-HELP payment, based on your current salary
- of your current salary be spent on FEE-HELP
Deakin University (Deakin):
- gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility for the currency, accuracy or the completeness of the information provided;
- advises users that no reliance should be placed upon on the information provided, and;
- instructs users that they should confirm the actual course fee with Prospective Student Enquiries prior to enrolment.
This tool provides indicative information about the fees that will be payable in respect of courses and subjects offered to prospective students domiciled in Australia during the periods indicated.
Please note that the fees shown by the calculator are indicative only and actual fees may vary. Users are advised to confirm the actual course fee with Prospective Student Enquiries prior to enrolment.
The estimated course fee is based on the tuition fee costs applicable to a domestic full time student commencing the course in Trimester 1 and studying full time for the duration of the course but:
- does not include non-tuition costs that may apply, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSAF);
- does not take into account any scholarships or bursaries awarded to the student (including the 15% Deakin Alumni Postgraduate Course Fee Bursary);
- assumes the maximum number of units that need to be successfully completed actual number completed may be reduced if Credit for Prior Learning is granted;
- assumes that no exceptional, or non-typical, circumstances apply to the proposed course of study;
- assumes that the options that the user selects are appropriate for the course of study that they intend to undertake;
- where fees are estimated for future years those fee will be subject to annual increases in accordance with increases in the cost of course delivery.
A Deakin scholarship might change your life. If you've got something special to offer Deakin – or you just need the financial help to get you here – we may have a scholarship opportunity for you.
If you’re a Deakin alumni commencing a postgraduate award course, you may be eligible to receive a 15% reduction per unit on your enrolment fees. Your spouse and members of your immediate family may also be eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to apply
For more information on the application process and closing dates, see the How to apply webpage. If you're still having problems, please contact us for assistance.
Please complete the Register your interest form to receive further information about our direct application opportunities.
Frequently asked questions
How do I apply?
We provide step-by-step guidance online to make applying to Deakin easy. And, with three study periods a year, the next intake is never far away. Learn more about the application process and entry requirements by visiting our How to apply page.
When do applications close?
Application deadlines depend on the course and trimester you’re applying for.
Find out the application open and close dates for your course by visiting our Key dates page.
Missed the application cut-off? The good news is Deakin has three study periods a year, which means the next intake is never far away.
How do fees work?
Fees are paid according to the units you study each trimester.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to pay your course fees upfront. There are different loans available depending on the type of student you are and the course you’re applying for.
For more information on fees, including payment assistance, and understanding what type of student you are, visit our Fees hub.
If we haven’t answered your question, our student enquiries team is ready to help.