Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $7,500 per year for three or four years depending on the length of the course.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
You should ensure you meet all criteria before submitting your application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2019 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship (either that you receive a means tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status).
As a scholarship recipient:
- you are required to complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- you must maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship..
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you want to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.