Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open Thursday 8 November 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
Cash payment up to $2000 per year.
Total scholarship value $6000.
To be eligible you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current Deakin student enrolled in Trimester 1 2019 in the first year of an undergraduate bachelor degree offered by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront campus
- be able to show outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
Preference will be given to a student interested in exploring a career in the water industry.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Barwon Water in 2019. At this interview you will need to demonstrate the following abilities:
- analyse problems, ability to think broadly, make decision based on facts
- organisational skills, achievements, motivation, resilience
- leading others, influencing skills, how you work in teams, respecting others, communication.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 for the duration of the scholarship
- complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
To apply for this scholarship you'll need to supply supporting documentation, this includes:
- evidence of your involvement in community and volunteer activities.
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2019.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement with Barwon Water over the summer break. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.