Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Tuesday 10 October 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
$5000 cash payment per year for the normal duration of your course (up to a maximum of four years).
*The maximum value of the scholarship for students studying a three year degree is $15,000 and the maximum value for students studying a four year degree is $20,000.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2019 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place (unless exceptional circumstances prevent full time enrolment)
- relocating from a rural or regional home location
- preference will be given to students who can demonstrate active commitment to supporting our communities.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- connect with the donor to share stories of your learning journey
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your active commitment to supporting our communities (if applicable).
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.\
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.