Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open 28 August 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close 7 February 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for two years.
- Cash payment up to $7000 over two years (total value of scholarship is $7000)
- Accommodation discount of 10% available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a student commencing in Trimester 1 2019 and enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- a resident of south-west Victoria or south-east South Australia (postcodes 5263-5291)
- able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- remain at the Warrnambool campus for each year of your degree
- attend a thank-you event with the donor
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
.Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.