Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for one year.
- Cash payment up to $5000
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled full time or part time in your first year of an undergraduate bachelors degree in Trimester 1 2019
- able to demonstrate you have previously or currently reside in one of the following Western Riverina NSW regional communities:
- Griffith City Council
- Leeton Shire Council
- Carrathool Shire Council
- Murrumbidgee Council
- Narrandera Shire Council
- Hay Shire Council
- preference will be given to a student who is experiencing financial or personal hardship
- preference will be given to a student who is studying Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be required to complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
You must also maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of your scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake an internship in Griffith during the months of January and February This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.