Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship*.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled in the Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology) or the Bachelor of Commerce* at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (located studies) in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place (unless exceptional circumstances prevent full time study)
- able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
*Students who enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce must be intending to major in Food and Agribusiness by selecting the appropriate unit set for the Food and Agribusiness Major in your first year.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- attend a thank-you event with the donor.
*Scholarship recipients enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce must be enrolled in a Food and Agribusiness major in their second year to be eligible to receive payment and an accommodation discount for the second year of their scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll usually find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.