Deakin University and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) established a Joint Funding Program in October 2018 providing scholarship opportunities and placements to Chinese students who either study for Deakin University's PhD degree or conduct research as visiting PhD students, hosting post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars.
Fields of co-operation
The favourably-sponsored areas of study for this program include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Information and Technology
- Material Sciences
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Science and Aquaculture
- Energy and Environment
- Nutrition and Physical Activities
- Public Health
- Intelligent Systems and Smarter Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Education, Communication and Social Sciences
- Other areas of study approved by CSC and Deakin University
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 31 January 2019.
Benefits from China Scholarship Council
- Stipend of AUD $20,400 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate) including overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
- Australian visa application fees and a return international airfare to Australia
- Tuition fee for 4 years
- Top-up stipend of AUD $7,196 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate) for up to 4 years
Benefits from Deakin University
To be eligible you must:
- be a citizen of the People's Republic of China at the time of application;
- meet all Deakin admission entry requirements, including English proficiency;
- be intending to pursue a PhD in one of the priority areas identified above;
- satisfy any other selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
Deakin University strongly recommends that candidates familiarise themselves with the CSC scholarship's specific conditions on the CSC website prior to applying to the program.
How to apply
Learn more about submitting a successful application on the How to apply page. Please select scholarship type "China Scholarship Council - Deakin University Joint Funding Program". Deakin University will evaluate applications and send the successful candidates a letter of acceptance by Friday 1 March 2019. Accepted PhD candidates should then apply to the China Scholarship Council by Friday 5 April 2019.
For details on funding available for visiting PhD students, post-doctoral fellows or visiting scholars, please see the China Scholarship Council (CSC) - Deakin University Joint Funding Program website.
For more information about this scholarship, please email HDR International Partnerships within the Graduate Research Academy.