This PhD scholarship is part of the Cotutelle arrangement between Coventry University, UK and Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. The successful applicant will spend time at Deakin and Coventry, with a supervision team drawn from the two Universities. This project is offered as part of the Deakin-Coventry cotutelle program where the student is enrolled at both Deakin University and Coventry University (UK).
Social Enterprises represent a growing sector of the private sector contributing significantly to employment and the provision of services in the communities that they serve. However, social enterprises remain relatively nascent in terms of the published literature. We are seeking candidates to explore the nature and experience of social enterprises in a specific country context or even from a comparative perspective.
The potential study might explore and evaluate the forms and contribution of social enterprise towards the communities in which they are based or examine the factors which influence the success of social enterprises in developing innovative new products and meeting commercial and social objectives. Studies are expected to contribute significantly to the theoretical understanding of social enterprises.ocused approaches.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 20th January 2019.
This scholarship is available over 3 years.
- Stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
- Relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic or international candidate
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
- Language proficiency (IELTS overall minimum score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component)
- be able to physically locate to both Coventry University (England) and Deakin University (Australia).
Additional desirable criteria include:
- The potential to engage in innovative research and to complete the PhD within a prescribed period of study
How to apply
Apply to Deakin via the Faculty of Business and Law Expression of Interest form. Learn more about submitting a successful application on Deakin's How to apply page.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact:
Prof Alex Newman
Associate Dean, International, Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University
Email Alex Newman
+61 3 924 46076
Prof Gideon Maas
Director International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship, Coventry University
Email Gideon Maas