Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for the standard course duration.
- $5000 per year plus an academic mentor
To be eligible you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2019
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the following bachelor degrees:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- be enrolled at Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds or Cloud Campus
- Year 12 applicants must achieve a minimum ATAR of 70 and satisfactory completion of the published course specific requirements
- Consideration will be given for non-Year 12 applicants based on academic merit (in previous Year 12 results and/or GPA for post-secondary studies deemed at or above the equivalent of a 70 ATAR).
As a successful recipient of this scholarship, you are expected to maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 during your studies.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our course and scholarship applicant portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide in your application.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.