Value and duration
One-off cash payment of $3,000
|Opening date||11 July 2018|
|Closing date||20 July 2018 at 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place in Trimester 2 2018 at Deakin University
- be enrolled in your penultimate or final year of one of the following undergraduate bachelor degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Years)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Laws
- be enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study
- demonstrate a commitment towards social studies or Holocaust studies in both academic endeavours and community work
- demonstrate a good academic track record and commitment towards your education.
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a report at the end of the year detailing how this scholarship has helped with their studies.
Each scholarship recipient will be offered the opportunity to undertake voluntary work with the Jewish Holocaust Centre. The voluntary work may occur off-site and will be discussed on a case by-case basis (this process will be managed by the Jewish Holocaust Centre).
How to apply
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria of this scholarship and would like to apply then please email through an expression of interest to email@example.com
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your community work.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date.