Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for two years.
- Cash payment of up to $7000
- Accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicant for one year
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing Deakin undergraduate student* (Associate degree or Bachelor degree) enrolled at Deakin University Warrnambool Campus in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place (unless exceptional circumstances prevent full time study)
- a resident of the Moyne Shire
- able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be required to complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
You will also need to attend a thank-you event with the donor.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer or you have applied for your course directly to Deakin you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.