Applications open Monday 11 February 2019.
Applications will close once all funds have been fully allocated.
We encourage you to apply for this grant early, as applications will be assessed and offers made on a rolling basis. Only complete applications will be assessed which includes all relevant supporting documentation.
The payment amount is split into monthly instalments. (The total value of this grant is up to $1200 for the year*).
Prospective applicants should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be enrolled in an award course at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2019
- be enrolled full time
- be in a rental arrangement or have a mortgage
- not currently hold another scholarship with a value greater than $1,000
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
* Continued payment of this grant will only occur if you remain enrolled full-time at Deakin University. Maximum payment is $1,200.
To apply for this grant, you'll need to upload evidence of financial hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this grant directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
Rolling offers for this grant will commence up to two weeks after the opening date.