Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available over two years.
- Cash payment of up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000)
- An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to the successful applicant for the two year duration of the scholarship*
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a student commencing in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (located studies)
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting our communities
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector
- intending to major in Food and Agribusiness.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a pass grade for all enrolled units
- be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major
- remain at the Warrnambool campus for each year of your degree
- attend a thank-you event with the donor
- provide a written report to the donor at the end of each year.
*To be eligible for the payment and accommodation discount in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major. This is identified by your course/unit enrolment in 2020.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your commitment to supporting our local South Coast region communities and to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.\
How to apply
Family members of The Midfield Group employees are encouraged to apply.
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our course and scholarship applicant portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake work experience at the Midfield Group in the 2nd and 3rd year of your studies. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.
About the donor
The Midfield Group is a multi-faceted meat processing company built on solid farming foundations and embracing the values of life on the land. They are located in Warrnambool, in the heart of Victoria’s pristine Great South Coast region and one of Australia’s prime dairying regions.
The Midfield Group has generously established a scholarship to support students undertaking a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Food and Agribusiness at the Warrnambool Campus of Deakin University.