Rotary District 9780 Rural Clinical Placement Scholarship
If you are a third-year Bachelor of Medical Imaging student, the Rotary District 9780 Clinical Placement Scholarship could be for you.
Value and duration
Total value is $1,000
One off Payment
|Opening date||12 June 2017|
|Closing date||11 July 2017 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- enrolled full time in the third year of your Bachelor of Medical Imaging degree in 2017
- undertaking your clinical placement in a rural or remote location
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Preference will be given to:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students
- students who are attending a rural or regional placement which is recognised for servicing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations
- students who can demonstrate the Rotary motto of 'Service Above Self', through involvement in community service.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Each Recipient agrees to:
- provide a 500-word report with at least one paragraph for publication on the rural placement experience
- present to Rotary club members, if requested
- Participate in evaluation studies or surveys regarding allied health in the rural setting.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within four weeks of the applications closing date.
More about the donor
Rotary District 9780, through The Rotary Foundation, has made available funds to support students experiencing financial hardship when completing the requirements for their Bachelor of Medical Imaging degree at Deakin University.
District 9780 covers much of western Victoria and southeast South Australia and comprises 59 Rotary Clubs dedicated to improving the quality of life of people in their communities.
Rotary District 9780 have created these scholarships to support third-year Bachelor of Medical Imaging students undertaking clinical placements in rural or remote locations in 2017.