Anna Kannava Scholarship
If your life is art and art is your life, the Anna Kannava Scholarship may be for you. We are proud to support women who are currently studying a full-time Bachelor of Creative Arts with this scholarship.
Value and duration
Cash payment up to $3000
29 August 2017
8 January 2018 at 5 pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a woman
- be enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2018 in the School of Communication and Creative Arts in one of the following courses:
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Film and Digital Media),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Film and Television),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Animation and Motion Capture),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance),
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts) or
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Communication Design)
- completed between at least 4 credit points of study in your degree so far
- be able to show you have a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- be able to demonstrate via written statement the positive benefit the scholarship will have on achieving your creative ambitions.
Eligibility does not include Credit for Prior Learning except where the units concerned have been completed at Deakin in another course of study: you must have completed 4 credit points at Deakin either in your current course or in previous courses having transferred into your current course.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply:
- evidence of your financial hardship
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.