Associate Degree Scholarships
If you are studying an Associate Degree of Education or an Associate Degree of Arts, this scholarship could be yours. Each year, Deakin awards a number of scholarships to students to assist with the financial costs of further education.
Value and duration
Cash payment of $500.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your studies in 2017
- enrolled full time in an Associate Degree in Arts and Education at Melbourne Burwood Campus, Warrnambool Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Werribee Learning Centre, Craigieburn Learning Centre or Dandenong Learning Centre.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
You'll need to demonstrate the following:
- motivation and commitment to study
- career aspirations
- evidence of work or community experience
- capacity to successfully complete the course.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
When applying for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your work and/or community experience.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful four weeks after the applications close.