Bentleigh Bayside Community Health Scholarship
If you are commencing your studies in a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work degree through Deakin University’s Institute of Koorie Education this scholarship could be yours.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $5,000 per year
Three years if enrolled in Bachelor of Nursing or four years if enrolled in a Bachelor of Social Work.
|Opening date||14 November 2016|
13 March 2017 at 5pm
All Deakin scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student
- be a commencing student enrolled with Deakin's Institute of Koorie Education in the first year of the Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work degree in Trimester 1, 2017
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be able to show outstanding commitment to supporting your local community
- be experiencing financial hardship*
* in receipt of a Centrelink (means-tested) benefit, or you can show you've a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
The successful recipient of this scholarship must agree to personally meet the donor once over the duration of the scholarship year and discuss their university experience and educational learning.
You'll also be required to write a statement about the impact of the scholarship.
If successful, you will not able to defer your scholarship offer.
Whilst it is not a condition of your scholarship, you may also have the opportunity to undertake paid vacation employment or internship with Bentleigh Bayside Community Health in your second or third year of your degree.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship and commitment to supporting your local community.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.