CareSuper Scholarship in Financial Planning
The CareSuper Scholarship provides financial assistance to support living and study expenses for students who have shown strong academic merit. If you are a second year student intending to major in Financial Planning, this scholarship could be yours.
Value and duration
Payment of up to $15,000 per year total value over 2 years up to $30,000
Beginning in second year; paid up to two years 2017 - 2018
16 October 2016
10 February 2017
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application. To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolled full time (unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study) in your second year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Commerce degree at Deakin in a Commonwealth supported place
- intend to major in Financial Planning
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65.
- Provide a statement on why you will choose financial planning and how the scholarship will assist with your studies and goals.
There may be an opportunity to take up mentoring from senior CareSuper staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process, you'll also be required to provide supporting documentation, such as evidence of your financial hardship.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and you'll find out whether you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Further information about the scholarship
Students may also have the opportunity to seek mentorship from senior CareSuper staff and take up an internship in their final year of studies. Students are encouraged to speak to the Faculty of Business and Law Work Integrated Learning Manager and their Lecturers to take up these exciting opportunities.