China Scholarship Council - Deakin University
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) provides financial assistance through the National Scholarship Fund for Chinese citizens wishing to pursue PhD studies abroad. Deakin University encourages applications from students wishing to undertake their CSC supported PhD program in Australia.
Aim of the Project
The China Scholarship Council aims to develop education, cultural exchange and trade cooperation between China and other countries.
Value and duration
Benefits from Deakin University
- Successful applicants will receive a tuition fee waiver for up to four years (full-time).
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the Australian student visa.
Benefits from CSC
- Living allowance of approximately $20,400 AUD per year (2016 rate) for up to four years (full-time).
- Economy airfare from China to Melbourne.
Up to 4 years
|Opening date||Internal Deakin CSC application opening date: open throughout the year |
External CSC application opening date: 20 March 2017
Internal Deakin CSC application closing date: 8 March 2017 |
External CSC application closing date: 5 April 2017
You will need to ensure you are eligible to apply for a CSC scholarship before applying for PhD entry to Deakin. Eligibility criteria for CSC scholarships are listed on the CSC website.
Prior to lodging an application to Deakin, you must also ensure you meet Deakin’s PhD entry pathway requirements.
CSC scholarships are open to Chinese citizens only.
How to apply
- Initially you will have to apply for the PHD course at Deakin University before the internal closing date (Refer how to apply for a research degree page for application information). Please note that your application must include evidence of English language proficiency and hard copies of all required certified documents.
- Once you have been issued with a letter of offer by Deakin, you will then need to apply externally for a CSC scholarship. To lodge your CSC scholarship application, you will need to receive approval to submit your application from your university in China or from the nearest Consulate of the People's Republic of China if you are currently residing outside the Chinese mainland.
- After reading the CSC scholarship program overview, you will then need to apply for the CSC scholarship using the CSC scholarship application portal. You will need to attach your letter of offer from Deakin University with your CSC scholarship application.
- Once you have received your outcome letter, you should email a copy to Deakin International.
Deakin's English language requirements are:
|faculty||International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (minimum required score)|
|Faculty of Arts and Education & Institute of Koorie Education||Overall 7.0, no band less than 6.5|
|Faculty of Business and Law||Overall 7.0, no band less than 6.5|
|Faculty of Health||Overall 7.0, no band less than 6.5|
|Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment||Overall 6.5, no band less than 6.0|
|Institute for Frontier Materials||Overall 6.5, no band less than 6.0|