Value and duration
$5000 paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) per year, or a combination of both to the value of $5000 per year - the choice is yours!
The scholarship is awarded for full time study for the normal, full time duration of the course.
Continued eligibility is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
29 August 2017
8 January 2018 at 5pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- have completed a TAFE diploma
- be a commencing or continuing student at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2018. Preference will be given to students commencing for the first time at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2018
- be enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study
- be able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Please ensure that you select Deakin Funded Scholarships Program 2018 in step 3 to be considered for this scholarship.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You must upload your supporting documents by the scholarship closing date.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- two referee statements
- evidence of your leadership activities or community service achievement
- evidence of your sporting or other achievements.
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful within six weeks after applications close.