Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) Scholarships
Experiencing economic, and social or geographic disadvantage can make it difficult to succeed in your study. DUSA recognises that it is not always possible to afford the costs associated with being a student. The DUSA Scholarship enables you to select resources that will best support you to be successful in your studies.
Value and duration
29 August 2017
8 January 2018 at 5pm
DUSA Gold membership 2018
- Your choice of items up to the value of $3000:
- iPad, tablet or laptopoprescribed text books (for enrolled units) supplied through the DUSA Bookshop
- Travel assistance (Annual general parking permit/public transport/MYKI/ Fuel Voucher)
- Deakin Card which can be used for services such as printing, photocopying, binding or food purchases
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student, enrolled full time in an undergraduate Bachelor or postgraduate Masters (Course Work) degree in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate a combination of economic and social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50
How to apply
Apply for this scholarship through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
To apply for this scholarship, you must supply:
- Evidence of any hardship you are experiencing
- Details of your living arrangements and employment (must include your annual income),
Details of assets and savings (bank accounts etc.),
Evidence of Centrelink income
- Confirmation of enrolment from Deakin University.
If you are successful you will be required to provide a written statement in Trimester 2, 2018 highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on you personally and on your studies during the year for a case study and/or reporting purposes.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.