Edge Financial Partners Scholarship
If you're a second-year undergraduate student studying commerce at the Deakin Business School and you're interested in pursuing financial planning, you could be eligible for the Edge Financial Partners Scholarship.
Value and duration
Cash payment up to $7,500 per year
|Opening date||To Be Confirmed 2018|
|Closing date||To Be Confirmed 2018|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolled in your second year of an undergraduate Bachelor of Commerce Degree or related degree at Deakin University in a Commonwealth-supported place
- be enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65, calculated from first year academic results
- be able to show an outstanding commitment to supporting the community.
Students with the highest academic achievement in their previous year of study at Deakin and who fit the eligibility criteria will be invited to apply through the Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Preference will be given to students who:
- are majoring in Financial Planning
- can demonstrate financial disadvantage - either that you receive a Centrelink benefit or have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship, leadership activities and community service achievement.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the applications closing date.