Value and duration
- A stipend of $27,082 per annum tax exempt (2018 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Paid sick and parental leave as per terms and conditions
- For international students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of four years
Applications will remain open until a candidate has been appointed
Successful applicants must have achieved a Master of Education degree with a research pathway or equivalent, and have done so with outstanding results.
Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a higher degree by research, and who:
- are enrolling as full-time PhD students
- are not receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (generally less than 75 per cent of the base RTP stipend rate)
- have not completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
How to apply
Please refer to the apply for a research degree page for application information.