The IGNITED Scholarship has been created to ignite women's interest in an industry traditionally dominated by men. It's open to female students entering an approved undergraduate course offered by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment.
Value and duration
Normal course duration
|Opening date||29 August 2016 for Trimester 1, 2017|
|Closing date||12 January 2017 at 5pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a woman
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1, 2017
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the following bachelor degrees:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Games Design and Development
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- be enrolled at Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds or Cloud Campus
- Year 12 applicants must achieve a minimum ATAR of 70 and satisfactory completion of the published course specific requirements
- Consideration will be given for non-Year 12 applicants based on academic merit (previous 12 results and/or GPA for post-secondary studies deemed at or above the equivalent of a 70 ATAR).
How to apply
Apply for this scholarship through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
All applicants applying will be advised of the outcome of their application within six weeks after the closing date.