Peddle Thorp Scholarship in Masters of Architecture
If you are a Master of Architecture (S700 or S701) student consider applying for the Peddle Thorp Scholarship.
Value and duration
Payment up to $3,500 per year
29 August 2017
13 February 2018
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application. To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or an International student
- must have completed the Bachelor of Design (Architecture) or Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management at Deakin University and be enrolling in the Master of Architecture (S700 or S701) in 2018
- be a high performing student, demonstrating a commitment to develop your full academic potential with a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 at the time of application and maintain this over the course of the scholarship.
- ability to demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect.
You'll be required to write a yearly statement highlighting the impact that receiving this support has had on you personally and on your studies during the year.
You may be considered for a paid work placement at Peddle Thorp's office located in Melbourne CBD.
You cannot be anonymous.
If successful you cannot defer the award.
Failure to complete the agreed study load or WAM average may result in the scholarship being revoked.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process, you'll also be required to provide supporting documentation this documentation includes:
- your current resume
- written responses to the provided questions
- upload your final graduation project in your the undergraduate course (eg. SRD364 Superstudio) - maximum 2 MB. The file should be limited to page size A3 and can be a maximum of 10 pages.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and you'll find out whether you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
More about the Donor
Peddle Thorp Group is an independent company practicing in Architecture, Planning and Interior Design, consisting of a number of business units relating to different markets or specialist areas, with offices in Melbourne, Asia, and the Middle East.
Peddle Thorp Architects is the commercial architectural arm and the core operation of their office and covers a number of industry sectors including sports architecture, commercial offices, residential, hotels, aquariums, industrial and retail.