Penfold Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship
Penfold Motors (just down the road from Deakin's Melbourne Burwood Campus) is offering one scholarship for a student enrolled in nursing or midwifery experiencing personal or financial hardship.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $5,000 each
|Opening date||17 October 2017|
12 January 2017 at 5pm
All Deakin scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be a student enrolled at Deakin University in a Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor Nursing and Midwifery or other relevant nursing degree in Trimester 1, 2017
- enrolled at the Melbourne Burwood Campus
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be experiencing financial* or personal hardship
* in receipt of a Centrelink (means-tested) benefit, or you can show you've a personal or family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
The successful recipients of these scholarships must agree to personally meet the donor once over the duration of the scholarship year and discuss their university experience and educational learning.
You'll also be required to write a statement about the impact of the scholarship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your personal disadvantage or financial hardship.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.