PhD scholarship opportunities - TERI Deakin Nano-Biotechnology Research Centre In-Country Program
Applications are invited for admission to the In-Country PhD program offered by TERI and Deakin University, Australia. The selected students will be eligible for full fee waiver and fellowship.
TERI-Deakin Nanobiotechology Centre (TDNBC) at TERI’s Green Campus in TERI Gram, Gurgaon, Haryana is a pioneering research centre in the field of nano-biotechnology research in India, with impressive facilities and expertise to develop nano-biotechnology-based sustainable solutions for agriculture, environment and bio energy.
PhD research themes:
- nano-enabled technologies for agriculture;
- bio energy
- nanotechnology interventions in food safety.
Aim of the project
To develop nano-biotechnology-based sustainable solutions for agriculture, environment and bio energy.
Value and duration
- Joint supervision will be provided to scholars by Deakin University and TERI.
- The candidate will receive a 100% tuition fee waiver from Deakin University, Australia for four years.
- Fellowships will be provided at par to CSIR-UGC-NET. HRA will be admissible at 30% of the fellowship amount.
- Hostel facility in India will be available to limited students on a first come, first serve basis.
- Selected scholars will be based at new state-of-the-art facility at TERI Deakin Nanobiotech Centre, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Program includes period of residency at one of Deakin University’s campuses in Australia for a period of up to six months.
- Duration of this scholarship varies.
20 January 2017
International candidates only.
- Completion of a Masters degree in either Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioprocess Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences or Microbiology with 65% (minimum).
- Mandatory IELTS scores required (overall 6.5, no band less than 6.0).
- CSIR-UGC/NET qualified applicants are preferred.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Gayathri Vedanarayanan
Deakin University's India office, New Delhi
+91 11 2654 4742 (weekdays 9.30am to 5pm)
Email Ms. Vedanarayanan
Ms. Sonaki Roy
+91 98 9916 0501 (weekdays 9.30am to 5pm)