Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $12,500 (paid in two instalments).
|Opening date||12 December 2017|
|Closing date||12 March 2018 at 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Deakin, majoring in Financial Planning
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the second or third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
As a scholarship recipient you are obliged to attend a thank you event to meet the donor.
At the end of the scholarship year, you are required to submit a two-page report setting out what you wish to gain from the Financial Planning industry.
How to apply
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you will be required to provide a statement of how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals. Applicants who do not provide this statement will not be considered for this scholarship.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful around 4 weeks after applications close.