Platinum Asset Management Scholarships
Majoring in Financial Planning? The Platinum Asset Management scholarship puts cash in your pocket to help with your Commerce degree. Recipients also get the opportunity to apply for one month's paid work experience at Platinum's Sydney office in association with the Neilson Foundation at the completion of your studies.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $15,000
|Opening date||10 October 2016|
|Closing date||12 January 2017 at 5pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Deakin, majoring in Financial Planning in Trimester 1 2017 of the scholarship application
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the second or third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
At the end of the scholarship year the recipient will be required to submit a two-page report setting out what they wish to gain from the Financial Planning industry.
How to apply
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you will be required to provide a statement of how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. You’ll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application.
No supporting documentation is required for this scholarship.