Platinum Asset Management Scholarships
Majoring in Financial Planning? The Platinum Asset Management scholarship puts cash in your pocket to help with your Commerce degree. Recipients also get the opportunity to apply for one month's paid work experience at Platinum's Sydney office at the completion of your studies.
Value and duration
Payment of Tuition Fees and balance paid in cash up to $12,500
One off Payment
|Opening date||12 June 2017|
|Closing date||11 July 2017 at 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Deakin, majoring in Financial Planning in 2017 of the scholarship application
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the second or third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
- A statement of how the scholarship will assist with your studies and career.
At the end of the scholarship year, the recipient will be required to submit a two-page report setting out what they wish to gain from the Financial Planning industry.
The successful applicant will be required to attend a thank you event to meet the donor.
How to apply
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you will be required to provide a statement of how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. You’ll find out if you were successful four weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application.
No supporting documentation is required for this scholarship.