Value and duration
Total value is $10,000
- $5000 to be paid directly to the Deakin regional accommodation provider for your accommodation, and
- $5000 split into monthly instalments. These funds are to cover your living and relocation costs.
|Opening date||29 August 2017|
|Closing date||1 December 2017 at 5pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
- enrolled full time in the third year of your Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery studies in 2018
- enrolled in Deakin's Rural Community Clinical School
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
You'll be required to meet the donor at least once over the duration of the scholarship and discuss your university and educational experiences.
You will be invited to give back to the medical community through presentation opportunities to Year 1 and Year 2 medical students regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School.
Provide a written report at the end of each scholarship year about the impact of the gift.
Agree to the donor sharing your photo and stories regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School in marketing publications.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful within 4 weeks of the application closing date.