SEW-EURODRIVE Scholarship in Mechatronics Engineering
If you are a third-year student studying a Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering at the Centre for Advanced Design in Engineering Training (CADET), this scholarship could be for you.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $5,000 per year
You will also be eligible for a 12 week paid internship at SEW-EURODRIVE.
|Opening date||6 December 2017|
|Closing date||31 January 2017 at 5pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be enrolled full-time in Year 3 of Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering in Trimester 2017
- be high performing and demonstrate a commitment to developing their full academic potential
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75 and maintain this over the course of the scholarship support
- demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities and have a demonstrated passion and commitment to developing a career in Mechatronics Engineering.
- The successful applicants will be considered for a 12 week paid work placement at SEW-EURODRIVE’s office located in Tullamarine, VIC, nominally during the period of November – March at the end of the third year of their degree.
- You must provide a yearly impact statement for the duration of their scholarship.
- You cannot be anonymous.
How to apply
Apply online through the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in February 2017.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. You’ll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application.You will also need to provide your current resume.
More about the donor
SEW-EURODRIVE is a global designer, developer and supplier of industrial mechanical transmission systems, electric motors and motor control electronic systems. SEW-EURODRIVE manufactures and distributes geared motors and gear units, high torque industrial gear units, high-efficiency motors, electronic frequency inverters and servo drive systems, decentralised drive systems and offer plus engineered solutions and after-sales technical support/training.