South West Philanthropic Scholarships for Deakin Warrnambool Campus
If you are considering studying at Deakin’s Warrnambool Campus and living on the coast and want to experience a friendly, close-knit community this scholarship is for you. This scholarship is proudly supported by six Warrnambool philanthropic foundations.
Value and duration
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
|Opening date Trimester 1 2018||29 August 2017|
|Closing date Trimester 1 2018||8 January 2018 at 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing Deakin student enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place
- undertaking located studies at Deakin’s Warrnambool Campus
- experiencing low socio-economic circumstances, financial hardship or other personal disadvantage.
Successful applicants must:
- maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 60 during the scholarship period
- attend a thank you event to meet the donors.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship
- evidence of your medical condition
- evidence of your other hardship
Finding out if you're successful
At the latest, you will know the outcome of your application within six weeks of the closing date. We will start offering scholarships from mid-December 2017 on a rolling basis.
* When all scholarships have been allocated the scholarship will be closed. This may occur before the closing date detailed above. Submit your application early so that you don’t miss out.
About the donors
Deakin Warrnambool Campus acknowledges the generosity of the following Warrnambool philanthropic foundations who support this scholarship: