Value and duration
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship.
|Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open|
28 August 2018
|Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close|
22 January 2019 at 5pm
We will commence offering a number of scholarships from mid-December 2018 with the remainder of scholarships offered within six weeks of the closing date detailed above. We will continue making offers until all scholarships are awarded.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing Deakin student enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2019 as an undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place
- undertaking located studies at Deakin’s Warrnambool Campus
- experiencing low socio-economic circumstances, financial hardship or other personal disadvantage.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be required to attend a thank you event to meet the donors and complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped with your studies.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
* When all scholarships have been allocated the scholarship will be closed. This may occur before the closing date detailed above. Submit your application early so that you don’t miss out.
About the donors
Deakin Warrnambool Campus acknowledges the generosity of the following Warrnambool philanthropic foundations who support this scholarship: