South West Philanthropic Scholarships for Deakin Warrnambool Campus
Value and duration
- $7,000 scholarships, plus an option for additional discount on student residences for eligible scholarship recipients
|Opening date||19 December 2016 for Trimester 1, 2017|
|Closing date||10 February 2017* at 5pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing Deakin student enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place
- undertaking located studies at Deakin’s Warrnambool Campus
- experiencing low socio-economic circumstances, financial hardship or personal disadvantage.
Areas of hardship:
- financial hardship – be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below the HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- recent refugee
- other demonstrable disadvantage
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship
- evidence of your medical condition
- evidence of your other hardship
Finding out if you're successful
At the latest, you will know the outcome of your application within six
weeks of the February closing date. We will start offering
scholarships from 18 January 2017 on a rolling basis.
* When all scholarships have been allocated the scholarship will be closed. This may occur before the closing date detailed above. Submit your application early so that you don’t miss out.