Student Rental Grant
If you're currently enrolled in an award course at Deakin University (bachelor degree, honours degree, graduate certificate, diploma, associate degree, masters or PhD), and experiencing financial difficulty then you could be eligible for the Student Rental Grant.
Value and duration
Total cash payment of up to $1200
The payment amount is split into monthly instalments. (The total value of this scholarship is up to $1200 for the year)
10 February 2017
The program is now closed for 2017
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective applicants should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be commencing or currently enrolled in an award course at Deakin University
- be enrolled full time
- currently in a rental arrangement or have a mortgage
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status and experiencing an area of hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
As part of the application process, you will need to provide supporting documentation to confirm your financial circumstances. You must upload your supporting documents in the applicant portal by the scholarship closing date
Only the following documentation will be accepted:
- a copy of your current Centrelink Benefit Income Statement
- a Statutory Declaration indicating if you are self-supporting or supported by others.
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
Rolling offers for this Grant will commence up to a week after the opening date.