The Archie and Hilda Graham Foundation Award
If you live in the City of Warrnambool or the South West region of Victoria and want to study at Deakin's Warrnambool campus, the Archie and Hilda Graham Foundation Award could provide the help you need.
Value and duration
Cash payment up to $5,000
|Opening date||29 August 2017|
|Closing date||8 January 2018 at 5 pm|
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1, 2018
- undertaking located (on-campus) studies at Deakin's Warrnambool campus
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- a resident of the City of Warrnambool, the Moyne Shire or South West Victoria
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.