The Christopher Morton Memorial Scholarship
If your financial situation is holding you back from continuing a Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) at Deakin's Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, the Christopher Morton Memorial Scholarship could make a difference.
Value and duration
- Cash payment up to $1,250
- Scholarship payment is split into two equal amounts, paid after the census date in Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 only.
13 February 2017 for Trimester 1, 2017
15 March 2017 at 5 pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a second-year student enrolled in the Bachelor of Civil Engineering at Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus in a Commonwealth-supported place in Trimester 1, 2017
- able to show you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.